Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Great Day



Today was a wonderful yet sad day for me.... I got to work at the clinic until lunch. And now the sad-- I had to take my lovely wife to the airport to fly home. this was bitter sweet because I wanted her to stay, but the girls are ready for her to come home.

Dave and Jeff came in on the plane that Deirdra left on. After picking them up we went to the orphanage so that they could have a look around (sorry honey).

Dinner was awesome! Larry had arranged for some students, who the ministry had sent to College, to share their stories. This was another one of those PERU moments when you try to hold back the tears and can't even imagine the burdens these people go through everyday. One guy raised his 3 year old brother on the streets at the age of 4. And he did this for a few years. That would be like my 6 year old, Anna, raising my 3 year old , Madison. Just their survival alone IS a God thing. This makes me think about my life and all the problems I think I have. We are a very blessed country, so let's all start giving what has been given to us by GOD. No excuse is a good one...... if these students aren't making any excuses then I shouldn't be either.

This trip has been just as much, if not more, of an eye opener as the first time I came to Peru........

Trying to explain the unexplainable,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment